Here are some appetizers to make for New Years eve that I have tried and are delicious!
Mini Loaded potato bites
- 1/2 loaf French bread
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, medium chopped
- 2 avocados, medium chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Slice the French bread on the diagonal into ½" rounds and place on a baking sheet.
Toast the sliced bread in the oven for 3 minutes, then flip each piece over and toast an additional 3 minutes.
Remove the toasted bread from the oven and immediately rub with the clove of garlic (it works best to first cut a small tip off the garlic clove so that the oils will seep out).
Brush the tops of the garlic-rubbed toasts with olive oil and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, avocado, onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Mix together gently making sure the avocado is well coated in the lime juice.
Spoon a portion of the mixture onto each of the garlic toasts and serve.
Top with Cojita cheese for extra flavor!
Bacon Cheddar Ranch Pinwheels
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- ¼ c. ranch dressing
- ½ c. finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 pieces bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. minced chives
- flour tortillas 6 small or 3 large
- In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and ranch dressing. Mix until smooth.
- Stir in cheddar cheese, bacon, and chives.
- Spread in a generous layer over tortillas.
- Roll tortillas tightly and slice into 1 inch pieces.
Happy New Years!